Each and every one of us has the potential to master the green. Poker Rx is dedicated to helping our members tap into their full potential.
Poker Rx is built on the shared passion of poker. We strive to provide the most excellent poker-focused events in the metro.
How do you qualify for Quarterly Tournaments?
Yearly and quarterly tournaments are periodically held at Poker Rx. Prizes range from generous freerolls, seats to local tournaments, gift certificates, swag and more.
To be eligible for these tournaments, you must be in the top tier of “Top Player” points per quarter/ year. Gaining points for the Top Player reward system is separate from nightly player points. Players will be awarded one point each for: winning a nightly freeroll (1 point), adhering to the welcoming and inclusive environment that Poker Rx promotes (1 point), being a top supporter of the venue at each freeroll (1 point).
Five points will be given out each event – one to the winner, two to the players that promote the standards of Poker Rx, two to the top supporters of the venue.
Poker Rx appreciates the venues that host our Quarterly Events – with the extra time and preparation it takes to organize these events, we want to show our gratitude by supporting these establishments. Players that compete at our Hosting Venues will each be awarded one Top Player point towards their Quarterly Qualifying points.
The goal is to reward as many exceptional Poker Rx patrons as possible. By raising the awareness of the type of players we wish to attract, we hope to create a more fun and welcoming environment at all of our events. Too often, local venues drop nightly tournaments because of “a few bad apples” that make bar owners dissatisfied with players/ customers. Ultimately, we strive to increase the overall level of poker patrons across the board, creating an atmosphere that is more fun for the player and profitable for the staff and venue.
Behaviors that are to not be rewarded:
- Players who loiter (not supporting the venue with their purchases).
- Players who take away from the spirit of the game (showing anger, being rude to others including the TD and wait staff).
- Players who consistently arrive late.
- Players who bring in outside food or beverages, or go to their car to consume them.
How do I get Bonus Chips?
Bonus chips are awarded solely for the players that complete the following actions:
- 10k — Like/ Comment/ or Share the event post on Facebook : Outside of word-of-mouth, social media is one of Poker Rx’s greatest marketing tools. By sharing the post to your personal page, the exposure of Poker Rx’s tournaments is greatly increased, allowing us to continue to grow and offer our members the best events in the area. We appreciate your support!
- 5k — Check-In to the Nightly Venue on Facebook (and tag Poker Rx): We want to increase awareness of our events. By checking into the venues, you directly increase the excitement and traffic to the events Poker Rx hosts. Checking into the venues lets others know where the action is.
- 5k — Subscribe to Poker RX on Twitch.TV : Poker RX is the first of its kind to LIVE STREAM final tables. During each Live Stream, members will be presented with a special word or phrase. Poker Rx players will repeat these special words or phrases to the tournament director at the next event. By subscribing to Poker Rx on Twitch.TV, you will be able to see your friends and family members compete for the coveted prize and catch the action while it’s happening.
- 5k — RSVP on Meetup : By RSVP-ing to our events, it lets the tournament director know how many players to expect that night. When TD’s know the number of RSVP’s, it ensures a smoothly ran event that is set up and ready to go. It’s super easy to RSVP through the Meetup app and website, and to view future events.
- 10k — New Player Bonus : If you are attending your first Poker Rx Event, we are SO happy to have you – you will receive a New Player Bonus – use it wisely!
- 10k — Bring a New Player : If you bring a new player, we appreciate your confidence in us to provide the best social experience to your friends, family, and peers.
- 5k — Birthday Bonus : Come celebrate your birthday on the felt!
What is the Bad Beat Jackpot?
A Bad Beat Jackpot is a prize that is paid when a sufficiently strong hand is shown down and loses to an even stronger hand held by another player. Not all poker games offer Bad Beat Jackpots, and those that do have specific requirements for how strong a losing hand must be to qualify for the jackpot.
The Bad Beat Jackpot is a separate pot that will be awarded to the players involved in a hand that has a hand of Four Jacks or better that loses to a higher ranking hand that must either be Four of a Kind or a Straight Flush or Royal Flush. Hands must make it to showdown. Terms & Conditions must be met in order for a player to be awarded the Bad Beat Jackpot. Once the tournament director has verified that all qualifications have been met, a photo will be taken with the players involved in the hand and their made hands. Clock will be paused for this to take place. The payout for Bad Beat Jackpot will take place in no less than seven days.